ABSENTEE VOTE! DON’T MISS THE BOAT!
Ward 8 Family,
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, I encourage you to use absentee ballots and vote by mail for the June 2nd Primary. This will help keep all of us safe while protecting our hard fought right to vote.
Ballots will not be mailed to you automatically. You must request an absentee ballot, and YOU CAN REQUEST YOUR BALLOT NOW!
HOW TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
- An absentee ballot can be requested at www.vote4dc.com/applyinstructions/absentee. You may also download the Vote4DC app to request an absentee ballot.
- Print the ballot request form, fill it out completely, sign it, and return it to the Board of Elections in person, by mail, by fax at 202-347-2648, or by email in a scanned attachment at Dcabsentee@vote4DC.com
- If you don’t have access to the internet, you may also submit a written and signed communication to the DC Board of Elections. Your written request must include all the following information:
- Your name
- The election for which you are requesting a ballot (June 2 Primary)
- The address at which you are registered
- Your current residence address if different from above
- Your contact information (telephone number and/or email address)
- Your date of birth
- Mailing address to which ballot should be delivered
- Your original signature—only if you are submitting a written request for an absentee ballot. Requests submitted online will be considered to contain an original signature.
Your request for an absentee ballot must be received by the Board of Elections by May 26, 2020.
RECEIVING AND RETURNING YOUR BALLOT
- You will receive your ballot by mail at the mailing address provided.
- If you return your completed ballot to the Board of Elections by mail, you must make certain that your ballot is postmarked on or before June 2nd. It must arrive at the Board of Elections no later than the June 9th.
- You may also drop off your ballot at one of the 15 voting centers that will be opened for early voting beginning May 22nd .
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, WE ARE READY TO HELP YOU! Contact us at email@example.com